2 WEEKS OUT, IF POSSIBLE
- SCHEDULE YOUR MOVERS
- Or call up friends and offer pizza and beer to anyone who has a truck
- SET UP YOUR UTILITIES
- Water: Don't worry - we set that up for you!
- Electric: Our preferred electricity provider is Reliant Energy - 1-855-353-7736. Mention PROMO CODE: MF2791 to receive our resident special. reliant.com/myhome
- TV, Phone & Internet: AT&T provides phone, internet & Uverse to The Hudson. Call 877-910-0501 or visit att.com/uverseconnect to get service.
- Do a change of address to ensure you get your mail at your new home – usps.gov
- Alert your most important social circle about your move
- This should also include notifying your bank, employer, insurance company, magazines– and don’t forget mom.
1 WEEK OUT, IF POSSIBLE
- Purchase renter’s insurance
- To receive your keys, you will need to show your declarations page, with a minimum of $50,000 in liability coverage.
- If you have a pet, ready them for the move
- Pets are smart, so they probably already know something is going on. But you’ll need to be ready to pay for your pet deposit and fee before moving in.
- If you have kids, register them for their new school
A FEW DAYS BEFORE
- Start packing (or if you’re an early-bird, this was done weeks ago)
- Double-check the details
- Did you remember to call the movers??
- Schedule the pickup of your keys from the leasing office.
- Ensure you have the following ready for moving day
- A copy of your renter’s insurance declarations page
- Your electricity account number
- Pet deposit/fee (if applicable)
- First month’s rent
- Pack a small moving day kit – toiletries, a few paper goods, medications, a change of clothes and dog food are recommended. It always seems like Advil and toilet paper are the hardest things to find when you need them most!