What are the emergency numbers?
After-hours maintenance: 972.833.2377
How do I set up my utilities?
The following companies provide service to The Hudson:
- Water: Don't worry - we set that up for you!
- Electric: Our preferred electricity provider is Reliant Energy - 1-855-353-7736. Mention PROMO CODE: MF2791 to receive our resident special. reliant.com/myhome
- TV, Phone & Internet: AT&T provides phone, internet & Uverse to The Hudson. Call 877-910-0501 or visit att.com/uverseconnect to get service.
Do you have a referral program for friends and family?
Yes! We would love to have your friends and family join our community. Current residents who refer a friend receive a $250 rent credit after move-in. Ask any of our leasing agents for details on this program.
Where can I stay connected with WiFi?
The Hudson offers free WiFi at our indoor and outdoor community areas including the leasing center and clubroom, the fitness center and surrounding the pool.
How do I stay updated on events and happenings around The Hudson?
We’re a social place. But sometimes that means pulling ourselves out of our technology and creating connections with fellow residents at the pool, the lounge or over drinks under the Joglo. We’re also planning plenty of events to give you more opportunities to increase your social circle. And because we’re not totally off the grid, there are ways to keep up to date on our latest events: Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Instagram and Twitter, or visit our Events Calendar.
Is The Hudson pet friendly?
We welcome your 4-legged family members! We accept dogs (certain breed restrictions apply) and cats only. You are limited to 2 total pets per apartment, and a pet deposit, fees and certain pet rules apply. Pet rent covers access to Bacon's Dog Park at The Shacks for dogs. Click here for the full scoop on pets.
What does it mean that The Hudson is a non-smoking community?
The Hudson is proud to be a smoke-free community. This means that all of our common areas – indoors and outdoors – as well as ALL apartment and townhome interiors and select patios, terraces and yards are non-smoking, creating a healthy and clean community for our current and future residents. We hope this helps you breathe a little easier about your choice to live at The Hudson.
Can you help me stay true to my green roots?
We participate in a community-wide recycling program for all residents who want to participate. Our door-to-door valet trash service will pick up your trash and recycling at designated times Sunday – Thursday. There are blue recycling bags available at The Hudson leasing center that you can leave out with your other waste. Or you can purchase your own recycling trash bags from the local market – Glad®, Hefty® and Husky® each have their own varieties.
Are there any tips to save energy?
We’ve built The Hudson with energy conservation in mind. In fact, this community can boast that 98% of all lighting installed will be LED. But here are a few ideas you can implement into your daily living to help save on utility bills and conserve energy:
- We have installed LED lighting in your home. It is unlikely that you will need to replace bulbs, but in the event you have a bulb go out, be sure to replace with LED bulbs. They use 15-20 percent of the electricity and last 25 times longer.
- Be sure to turn off lights if you will not be using them for more than 10 or 15 minutes. Constantly turning on and off lights can reduce bulb life.
- Save considerable energy by turning your Air Conditioning to a warmer temperature in the summer when you are not at home, and turning the heater down in the winter.
- During the summer months, set your thermostat at the highest comfortable setting. We recommend a setting of 78-80. You can save 7 to 10% on your cooling costs for each degree above 78.
- During the winter months, set your thermostat at the lowest comfortable setting. We recommend a setting of 68-70. You can save 7 to 10% on your heating costs for each degree below 70.
- Use ceiling or portable fans to supplement your air conditioning in occupied rooms. Replace filters monthly and do not block registers and return vents with furniture or drapes.
- Use flat bottom pans that match the size of your stove burners. Clean the oven when it’s still warm from cooking.
- Use a microwave oven when it will work just as well as another method.
- Run appliances like the dishwasher and washer/dryer only when full.
- Turn off appliances and lights when not in use.
- Turn off/unplug all small electrical equipment, such as radios, gaming stations or TVs when not in use.
- Turn off the lights when leaving an empty room.
- Close your blinds during the day.
- Turn down your hot water heater.